ipay88 Terms & Conditions
iPay88 is a payment switching gateway for online transactions using internet banking(debit card), credit cards, and electronic wallets. iPay88 is validated for Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and is compliant with the Financial Systems Act 2016.
These Terms and Conditions shall apply to customers by using debit or credit card to make payment for merchant invoice(s). You hereby recognise and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions stated below by paying with your debit or credit card through ipay88 payment gateway. These Terms and Conditions shall also apply to our Schedule of Terms including our Proposal for Legal Service. In the event there is a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and our Schedule of terms with regard to your payment by debit or credit card, these Terms and Conditions shall apply.
- I ensure to have sufficient funds in my credit card account to allow for the automated processing of all payments; otherwise, the Bank has the right to reject such payments. I allow the Bank permission to disclose to the Merchant the reason(s) or grounds for any payment refusal in this regard. I also declare that the Bank shall not be liable for disclosing such information and that I consent to such disclosure.
- The Bank disclaims all responsibility and liability for any claim, loss, damage, cost, or expense resulting from the failure to process debits due to insufficient funds, system failure, power outage, or any other circumstances beyond the Bank’s control, including but not limited to the erroneous debits of my card account as a result of incorrect information provided by the Merchant and/or me. In such cases, I shall resolve with the Merchant directly with the specific payment.
- I shall submit a photocopy of my Identity Card, Credit Card and other documents it may required by the Bank, Merchant, Mobile88.Com Sdn Bhd (iPay88) to support this application.
- The Bank reserves the right to reject this application without giving any reason thereof.
- This authority shall remain in effect until the application’s records are removed or updated in the Auto Debit / Bank system following revoked or altered by notifying the Merchant and/or the Bank in writing before the intended amendment or revocation date. I further aware that the Merchant will give the Bank written notice of my request to delete or alter information. The bank has the right to refuse processing any debit upon notice of my death(s), bankruptcy, dissolution or winding-up.
- I am fully aware of and agree that Mobile88.com Sdn Bhd(ipay88) is processing these payment(s). My credit card statement will show up the name of Mobile88.Com Sdn Bhd (iPay88), and a notification email will be sent to me on the iPay88 transaction(s).
- I promise not to cancel, ask for a refund, or change any purchased products or services during the auto debit’s term.
- Any goods I return or cancellation services made by me are subject to Merchant’s terms for returns of goods and/or services.
- The Bank may, in its sole discretion, terminate this authorization at any time without prior notice and without assigning any reason therefore. Following such termination, the Bank shall not be obligated to debit my card account for any subsequent payments save for any of my antecedent obligations or liabilities, hereunder and the Bank shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage that may be incurred by me or any other third party registered under the authorization herein as a result of such action by the Bank.
- If my card account goes overdrawn, I shall repay the overdraft amount plus any interest due, which will be determined using the bank’s interest rate upon the bank’s demand.
- I hereby permit the Bank to retry the process after receiving the Merchant’s permission in the event of a failed debiting.
- The Bank is permitted to debit the above amount on my card account without any disagreement regarding insufficient, flawed, damaged, or unsatisfactory goods or services, any dispute between me and the Merchant.
- I agree to be bound by the Bank, Merchant, Mobile88.Com Sdn Bhd (ipay88) reserves its rights to make variations, amendments, deletions or additions on these terms and conditions without prior notice to me.
- Enter into relevant sale and purchase agreement
- Communication of services, sale and purchase transactions;
- Processing of payment transactions;
- Settlement of the payment transaction’s dispute, refund or cancellation, or chargeback;
- Recurring payment service and/or tokenization;
- General management;
- Manage and keep up with your accounts and facilities with us;
- Respond to your enquiries and complaints and to generally resolve disputes;
- Consolidation and update record correctness;
- Produce data, reports and statistics which have been aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual;
- Conduct research and survey, which solely for analytical purposes including but not limited to data mining and analysis of your transactions with us;
- For analytical purposes – research, survey, data mining or analysis of transactions with us etc.
2. Personal data that we may collect:
- Name, Age, Race, Gender, Nationality, IC Number, Passport Number, Date of Birth;
- Contact Details such as House Number, Mobile Number; Email; Home Town Address; Correspondence Address; Delivery Address; Region or State of staying;
- Credit Card details;
- Bank Account number;
- Additional information that could be used to indirectly or directly identify you for carrying out our contract with you
3. The failure to provide necessary personal information will potentially resulting the following consequences :
- Unable to enter into a service contract or agreement with you;
- Unable to inform you of alerts – value added services and updates
- Affect our ability to achieve the aforementioned goals.
Your personal information will be kept confidential, but you agree and authorise us to give or share it with the following categories of users:
- Those needed by law or in response to requests from the government;
- related, iPay88 holdings, subsidiaries, and prospective iPay88 organisations;
- Governmental organisations, statutory authorities, enforcement agencies, and/or credit reporting agencies under law;
- Auditors, accountants, lawyers under iPay88
- Financial institutions, banks, and card associations
- iPay88’s business partners, affiliates, subcontractors, and contractors;
- Third-party service and product providers that are deemed required or suitable for the aforementioned goals (including those based outside of Malaysia, under confidentiality and security measures of a similar security;
- People who owe the iPay88 a responsibility of confidentiality;
Data shared will be for objectives specified in this notice, as well as for any unstated but closely related goals. Your Personal Data may also be disclosed as required by law or when doing so is necessary to abide by the rules, court orders, or inquiries from the appropriate authorities.
5. Data Security
We shall take necessary steps to store and process your personal data securely. Reasonable security measures have been implemented to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised access of data . We limit access to your personal data on a need to know basis. However, please understand, that data transfer over the internet is not entirely secure. Although we will try our best to safeguard your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of any data that being communicated via online, therefore any transmission remains at your own risk.
We undertake the following security precautions:
- adoption of a formal information security policy, as well as the required technological safeguards (firewall, password protection, physical security, logging, monitoring, etc.);
- process controls including defined roles and responsibilities, separation of duties, and need-to-know bases for personnel;
- The contractors and third-party providers who store or process personal data have adopted comparable suitable security measures.
6. Retention of Personal Information
Your personal information will only be kept as long as it takes to accomplish the aforementioned purposes (unless a longer retention period is required by law), after which it will be erased, anonymized, or permanently deleted if no longer required to store. Reasons to fruther keep your information on file after completion of the purposes including:
- to fulfil accounting, legal, or regulatory standards;
- to protect the interest of ipay88
7. Direct Marketing
Unless you specifically request otherwise, we may use your personal data to send you information about services and/or goods we offer and those of third parties that may be relevant to your interests.
In some situations, your personal information may be disclosed to our chosen merchants and business partners. such disclosure will only take place in the cases where you have subscribed to certain Services or Products that require such the disclosure and/or where your consent has been obtained, complies with laws including (rules, regulations, and/or duties) applicable to ipay88.
Reasonable steps will be taken by us for third parties with whom we share your personal information are likewise subject to relevant privacy and confidentiality standards. If you do not want your personal information used for marketing and promotion, please get in touch with us using the information provided below. Your most recent written directives to us shall take precedence.
8. Access and Correctional Rights
You have the right to request a correction of any personal information that may be erroneous, out-of-date, incomplete, or misleading under the PDPA.
In respect to this, you may:
- request access and check your personal data stored by us;
- Request us to correct and update any of your inaccurate, out-to-date, incomplete or misleading/false personal data;
- Ask us for copies of the data.
We will acknowledge the request when we receive it. When updating and correcting data, we shall take into account if the data has to be updated. If there is any disagreement, we express the issue in clearly stated terms, such as how the issue would impair regulatory functions or how it will infringe the rights of others. The following are some of the things we may do in line with the PDPA and other applicable laws:
- charge an administrative fee in accordance with the fees outlined in the PDPA sub-regulation in order to process your request for access to or correction of the Personal Data; and
- refuse to abide by your request for access to or rectification of the personal data and provide you with a written explanation for such action.
9. Transfer Of Your Personal Information Outside Malaysia
If any of our service providers or strategic partners who are involved in providing a portion of our services are based in other countries than Malaysia, it may be necessary for us to transfer your personal data outside Malaysia. You agree that we may transmit your personal information outside of Malaysia where doing so is necessary to fulfil the execution of the services or products that you have signed up for.
To protect and safeguard your personal information, we will take the appropriate precautions to make sure that any partners are contractually bound not to use your personal information for any reason other than to offer the Products and/or Services for which they have been contracted by us.
1. A written notification of your request for a payment refund you have made for our invoice(s) and/or to us is required no matter whatsoever reasons. In accordance with the requirements and guidelines of the Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorist Financing, and Proceeds of Unlawful Activities Act of 2001 (the “AMLA”), refunds will only be granted subject to the satisfaction of our refund-verification procedure, which may involve you giving us the following documents:
a) Full Name;
b) Date Of Birth(DOB);
c) Full Address;
d) A copy of your National Registration Identification Card and/or Passport;
e) A copy of your bank card used for the relevant transaction; and
f) A copy of the relevant Invoice(s) to which the overpayment and/or false payment was made.
2. The requested refund will be credited back to the debit or credit card used for the relevant transaction once our refund-verification process has been successful. Any requests for refunds to be given to you in different currencies or using different payment methods won’t be taken into consideration.
3. The requested refund will not be applied to the debit or credit card used for the relevant transaction if our refund-verification procedure is not successful. In this case, we reserve the right to work with the appropriate authorities to investigate any allegations of illegal activity, including but not limited to any illegal transaction, illegal activity, and/or money laundering based on any transaction by you to us that raises any reasonable suspicion. We are required by law to immediately report any suspicious transactions to the appropriate authorities in accordance with section 14 of AMLA.
4. From the day you received the item, customers are enabled to have SEVEN calendar days to get in touch with us about returning it. The item must be new/unused and undamaged, also be in the same conditions that you received it in for being eligible to make item return and refund. It must be in its original packaging and come with the merchant’s original receipt or invoice.
The item must meet the requirements listed below in order to be eligible for return:
– Item: The item must be in its original, unused condition
– Packing: The packaging of the item must be entire, including the original receipt or invoice, the instruction manual booklet, the product tag, and any supplementary accessories.
Make sure the merchant is aware of your plan to return the goods before setting up the return, by getting in touch with our customer care department. You will be informed when an officer has been assigned to handle your case. For ease of reference and tracing, kindly include his/her name in all of your documents and correspondences.
You’ll be informed once we’ve received your returned item. A notification of your refund status and condition will be notified by us to you after we have finished inspecting your returned item. Please be aware that any goods that has been used, including but not limited to products that exhibit obvious wear and tear, and/or fabric parts/items that have been worn or washed, will not be accepted for return.
If your return is approved after inspection, we will start a refund process to you according your original payment meethod. R cefunds are given within 30 days or depending on your card issuer’s policies. The reimbursement will be notified to you via email.